Significant production opportunities challenge and inspire while helping students build a body of work and prepare for career success.
The Stephens College BFA in Costume Design develops professionals who are prepared to take on their next role — whether that is a position with a major national or regional theater company, fashion design firm, a competitive apprenticeship or fellowship, or prestigious MFA program.
- Accelerated BFA program — 3 years/2 summers (8-semester program).
- Collaborations with students in Technical Theatre and Stage Management, Fashion Design and Digital Filmmaking programs — for comprehensive learning experience.
- Varied production schedule across a wide range of styles and genres.
- Significant schedule of nationally and regionally recognized guest actors, directors and designers.
- The program emphasizes career preparation; students receive personalized feedback from mentors and advisers starting their first semester.
- The program features two summer intensives at Stephens’ Okoboji Summer Theatre (OST), a professional summer stock theatre company. OST offers an extensive production schedule.