Theatrical Costume Design
Numerous production opportunities challenge and inspire while helping students build a body of work and prepare for industry success.
A BFA in Theatrical Costume Design prepares graduates for their next role with a major national or regional theater company, design firm, a competitive apprenticeship or fellowship, or prestigious MFA program.
Application and Portfolio Submission
A portfolio submission is required for the BFA in Theatrical Costume Design program. Applications received without an accompanying portfolio will automatically be considered for the Interdisciplinary Theatre Studies BFA.
- Accelerated BFA program — 3 years/2 summers (8-semester program).
- Technical Theatre and Stage Management focus on collaboration for a comprehensive learning experience.
- Varied production schedule across a wide range of styles and genres.
- Significant opportunities to work with guest actors, directors and designers.
- Emphasis is placed on career preparation and personalized feedback from mentors and advisers beginning in the first semester.
- Two intensive summers are spent at The Okoboji Summer Theatre (OST), which Stephens has owned and operated since 1958.
Faculty + Staff