Immersive, comprehensive, accelerated and personalized — a program that prepares you for the current industry.
The BFA Acting major assists actors in developing a strong process and technique. Actors receive unparalleled business preparation and a multitude of performance opportunities. Upon graduation, actors will be industry ready.
An audition is required for the BFA in Acting program.
- Accelerated BFA major — three years/two summers (eight-semester program)
- Work with industry professionals
- Comprehensive summer stock theatre experience
- Summer Performing Arts Intensive with specialized course work
- Extensive performance opportunities (by audition)
- Actors have numerous opportunities to audition and perform at the Macklanburg Playhouse (mainstage), the Warehouse Theatre (black box), and the Okoboji Summer Theatre.
- Industry preparation begins in the first semester.
- Industry connections are forged and cultivated throughout the Conservatory experience.
- Actors have the opportunity to work with guest directors in productions and top industry professionals in masterclasses.
Faculty + Staff