ADA/Section 504 + Accessibility Services
Stephens College supports the standards set forth in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act. The Margaret Campbell Student Success Center is committed to offering reasonable ADA/Section 504 accommodations for individuals with accessibility needs and removing barriers to access through modifications to classroom and campus environments. Center staff look forward to serving individuals who wish to register for these services.
If you feel you have been discriminated against due to a disability, please report it. This procedure may be used by any student, employee or visitor of Stephens College alleging a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Request for Services and Accommodations
- Individuals who wish to self-identify as having a documented need for accessibility services should contact the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator and complete the Request for Services and Accommodations form with accompanying documentation on this page. The accommodations process can sometimes take several weeks, so beginning the process early is best. Planning ahead will help ensure that accommodations are in place the very first semester.
- Documentation to support accessibility services must be completed by a credentialed professional and should be current, complete and appropriate. The Stephens College Student Handbook and the Employee Handbook (employee sign-in required) provide information regarding documentation. In addition, the Documentation Factsheet details a comprehensive list of required elements.
- After receiving the Request for Services and Accommodations form and the supporting documentation, the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator will meet with the individual in person (or by Zoom video chat). At that time, the Coordinator will work with the individual to develop and implement an accommodation plan to best meet needs, and the individual will officially register for Center services.
- After the initial registration process, students receiving services will reactivate accommodations through the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator at the beginning of each semester.
Student Responsibilities for ADA Accommodations
Students can request accommodations at any time; however, developing and implementing appropriate accommodations can require significant time and effort from multiple offices and individuals across campus, so a student’s prompt attention to the College’s requests for information and feedback are essential if a plan for accommodations is to be implemented in a timely, efficient way.
Students registered with the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator should communicate with their professors at the beginning of the semester to make arrangements for approved academic accommodations (e.g., testing or note-taking accommodations). In all cases, such arrangements should be confirmed in advance of when the requested accommodation will be needed.
For more information regarding the College’s ADA policies and procedures for students, please refer to the Stephens College Student Handbook.
Request for Services and Accommodations Form
- If you need to make a new request for accommodations, complete Option 1.
- If you need to renew an existing request for accommodations (required every semester), complete Option 2 (skip Option 1).
- If you need to make changes to existing accommodations, please make an appointment with the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (573) 876-7240
Office: Hugh Stephens Library Room 216