Interdisciplinary Theatre Studies
Interdisciplinary Theatre Studies is designed for a true “multi-hyphenate” artist who knows no boundaries and who has passion and drive to learn multiple aspects of the theatre.
This non-audition-based major is designed for "multi-hyphenate" creatives. Students will be immersed in cross disciplinary training with a diverse and well-rounded curriculum, which will give them foundational skills to pursue many avenues upon graduation.
- This program lends itself to students who want to investigate multiple aspects of the theatre industry.
- Focus is placed on building a solid foundation in performance, scenic, lighting, costume design, and stage management.
- Immersive training begins in the first semester of the first year.
- Students receive individualized instruction and are mentored throughout the entirety of the program. Emphasis is put on developing a strong process with objective driven outcomes, which will allow students to achieve their industry goals.
- This is an eight semester program consisting of six traditional semesters and two summer semesters. This enables students to graduate in three years.
- Two summer semesters will be spent at the Okoboji Summer Theatre. This summer stock theatre offers an opportunity for students to both apply their skills and to build a solid, cross-disciplinary resume.
- On both the Conservatory campus and the Okoboji campus, students will work alongside industry professionals and guest artists.
The goal of this comprehensive program is to create a true “multi-hyphenate” artist. It is well suited for the student who knows no boundaries and who has a passion and drive to learn all aspects of the theatre.
- Accelerated BFA program-three years/two summers (eight semesters)
- Ideal for students who have multiple theatrical interests
- Immersive and expansive learning
- Learn from working professionals
- Work at a summer stock theatre.
- Work on all aspects of mainstage and black box productions
- Individualized preparation for graduate school, teaching secondary education, starting a theatre company, or a direct route into the industry.
This is a non-audition based program. We welcome students of all gender identities. Apply for free at stephens.edu/apply.