Safety + Security Services
The safety and welfare of all members of the campus community is priority one for our committed and well-trained security team.
Contact us any time:
Phone (call or text): (573) 819-3690
Emergency Phone: (573) 876-7299
Our Security Team
Our Campus Security team provides security guards on duty all day every day.
Our Security office is located in Tower Hall on our Residential Quad. Substations are also located on Historic Quad and at the Equestrian Center.
Students play a large role in the success of any security program and should always feel free to report any unusual activity. Many improvements to our security process have been made as a result of student feedback at student forums.
Services offered include:
- Three on-campus security offices
- Security escorts on request
- Security cameras and emergency phones maintained throughout campus
- Key card access
- Regular group bus trips to popular shopping spots
- Free bike rental with Stephens’ signature pink bikes – helmets, too
- Dolly rental
- Educational programming and safety training
- Student property engraving for electronics
- Parking management and guest passes (view Campus Parking map >)
- 24x7 access, including after-hours facilities help
The Security office maintains emergency communications. Students and parents are also encouraged to review safety updates and register to receive safety communications on the Stephens Alert page.
Stephens complies with the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act and makes available an annual campus security report that includes campus crime statistics, policies and procedures. Reports are posted in the fall of the following year per regulations.
Access the 2019 Annual Security Report (Clery Report) >
You may request a printed copy through the Office of Safety and Security, 1200 E. Broadway, Columbia, MO, 65215, or by emailing [email protected].