Welcome New Families
Congratulations on your student’s acceptance to Stephens College!
You are joining the Stephens College family, and we can’t wait to get to know you.
Every member of Stephens College, from the faculty to the staff to the active alumnae network, is committed to ensuring the absolute best academic experience for your student, including a safe, healthy learning environment.
Be in the know.
Stephens Family Events
Move-in Day is a very special day at Stephens College: Our employees come ready to help you and your student move into her residence hall.
We kick off new student orientation, and hold info sessions for parents and families. Our Crossing the Bridge ceremony welcomes both students and families to our campus community.
Each fall we welcome the families of current students as well as our alumnae to the Stephens campus. Back to College academic showcases help you understand what your student has been learning, and the BBQ at the President’s Home brings everyone together.
Commencement is the culmination of your student’s hard work, of course, but also of your support and commitment. Stephens holds Commencement ceremonies in May and December. Decorating mortar boards is a long-held Stephens tradition. Everyone on campus pulls together to ensure the best send-off for our students while welcoming them into the alumnae community.
Offices + Resources
We’re here to help!
- Accepted Students: Follow along with your student’s next steps.
- Financial Aid: Make sure you understand your options (and file your FAFSA!)
- Accounting: Find out about tuition payment and accounting services and timelines.
- Academic Calendars: Find out the dates for winter, spring and summer breaks.
- CCPD: That stands for Center for Career and Professional Development, and the team that works hard to ensure your student is career-ready.
- Academic Services + Support: We help your student to succeed in lots of ways. See our services.
- Safety + Security: This is our #1 priority. Find out about services offered by our Security team.
- Life in Columbia, Missouri: Learn more about our thriving and lively community with so much to offer both students and visitors.
- About Stephens: Learn about the institution’s rich history, mission and values, and see why your student should choose Stephens.