Stephens is Home.
Ask a Stephens student or an alum to describe Stephens College in one word. You’ll hear terms like captivating, inclusive, independent, and life changing. You’ll hear about our Ten Ideals.
Stephens Now...Stephens Forever.
At a meeting of the National Alumnae Association in 1935, a resolution was adopted designating October 2nd as Stephens Day in honor of the birth of storied Stephens College President James Madison Wood. President Wood served from 1912 until 1947, and he led the College through a renaissance and secured its future by establishing a culture of innovation. He expanded campus residence halls and classroom spaces, recruited industry experts, and led the College to a position of national prominence.
President Wood’s legacy lives on every day we educate students at Stephens College. Today we strive to continue to carry the torch of his legacy.
The traditions of Stephens Day are as follows:
- Light a candle in remembrance of your time as a student at Stephens;
- Meet with or get in touch with fellow alums;
- Reflect on those who helped you become who you are today;
- Envision how you can make a difference in the life of the next generation of Stephens Alums.
We hope you will join us throughout the month to celebrate and bring back this tradition. Call your lifelong friends from Stephens. Look up those you’ve lost contact with on StephensConnect (see below). Give to the Stephens Scholarship Fund to support future student’s ability to be part of our Stephens Family. Honor President Wood’s legacy by making it possible for future students to attend Stephens. To quote the Alumnae Association “Let your candle on October 2nd light this campus of limitless horizons.”
Join us on Stephens Connect. If you'd like a little help getting started, everything you need to know is below.
Stephens Connect: What Do I Do First?
1. Log in to https://stephensconnect.stephens.edu/ with your Facebook or LinkedIn profile. If you do not have one of these profiles, just use your email address (it’s best to use the one at which you received Stephens emails, but any email will do). Stephens Connect will instantly verify you if the data you enter matches our data. If it does not, we will verify your access within a short time so that you can get into the secure area to begin looking around.
2. Update your profile. Check out what has been automatically loaded, update what’s incorrect and add what’s missing.
3. Check out the directory that can be searched by map or name or other features like class year, major, region, etc. Find lost friends. Invite classmates that to join with you. Connect. Connect. Connect!
4. Share your own news with us either by submitting a form under the “About You” tab by selecting the “Share Your News with US” or share it with everyone under the “Share Your News with ALL” to make a post on the feed.
5. Get in touch with us to start a virtual gathering space for your class, your regional group, your major, your profession, your close friends, or your common interests. We can help you connect in meaningful ways with other alums.
6. If you have questions or suggestions, please share them with us at [email protected].
Stephens Now and Stephens FYI are our alumni magazine and e-newsletter.
We want you to be well-informed about our beloved Stephens and to feel directly connected to our campus community – still extraordinary after 190 years.
Ensure we have your current addresses to stay updated on Stephens news.
And don’t forget to share your career and life news with us!
Stephens alumni come home to visit with friends, attend shows or games, celebrate during Alumni Weekends, and support and engage with our students. Many alumni also stay connected with the faculty mentors who mean so much to them.
Stephens alums get things done. Read about what our students and alumni are accomplishing, from managing Stephens Life magazine to coordinating scripts for Warner Bros. Studios to practicing equine veterinary medicine.
Check out what’s going on at Stephens and around the country.
Alumni Awards + Scholarships
Stephens alums accomplish amazing things in their careers and through service to Stephens and their communities, and we love to recognize them. Read all about the recipients of the College’s Alumni Awards that are presented each year at Alumni Weekend and nominate deserving alumni that you know.
Important Information for Alumni
Stephens Connect Alumni Portal
Join Stephens Connect now!
Make a Gift
Refer + Recruit
Are you interested in serving as a volunteer Alumni Admissions Ambassador? Let us know.
Alumni Travel Program
Embark on another learning adventure.
Transcripts + Replacement Diplomas
The Remembrances page is where Stephens College posts obituary notices for alumni, current and retired faculty members and staff, students and trustees.
Change of Address
Update Stephens for your current address.
Share your news
We'd love to hear from you! If you’ve gotten married, moved, have a new job, a new degree, a new baby, know an alumna who has passed away, or have anything else to share ... tell us about it.
Get your Stephens gear
Cheer on the Stephens Stars
Performing Arts Box Office
Catch a Show in Columbia or Okoboj