Admission Steps for International Students
We welcome students from around the globe, and make your application process as easy as possible.
How to Apply to Stephens College:
Fill out our free online application and tell us more about you. If your school is not listed, select "Unknown School" from the list.
Submit your official transcripts.
- Official Secondary School records (listing subjects, grades, and date of graduation)
- If documents are not in English, you will be responsible for providing official translation.
- Grade reporting needs to be converted into a 4.0 GPA scale.
- If applicable, submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (it is considered academic dishonesty not to disclose all colleges previously attended).
Electronic transcripts may be submitted through various electronic transcript services and can also be sent to [email protected] directly from the institution. Transcripts received through this account from a student will not be considered official.
Have your official transcripts mailed to:
Campus Box 2121
1200 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65215
International students must be prepared with college-level English language requirements. Submit at least ONE of the following preferred test scores or discuss options with your Admissions Counselor:
- Official ACT scores (Stephens College code: 2374)
- Official SAT scores (Stephens College code: 6683)
- Official TOEFL scores or an ESL Certificate of Completion (Stephens College TOEFL code: 6683)
- For the TOEFL, we require a paper-based score of 550, a computer-based score of 213, or an Internet-based score of 79
- Official iTEP score. We require a 3.7-3.9 or above
- Official Duolingo score of 100 or better
- Other exams we have worked with in the past: Cambridge, IELTS
Step 4 (Transfer Students)
If you are a J-1 student, please contact [email protected] to discuss your transfer.
If you are an F-1 student, the process for transferring from one U.S. school to another is easy. Simply have your immigration record transferred from your current school to Stephens College following these steps.
- Obtain admission to Stephens College by following the steps above, and complete the I-20 form with Stephens College.
- Tell a designated school official (usually an international student adviser) at your current school that you want to attend Stephens College. Make sure you meet your current school’s requirements for transfer.
- Discuss the date you want to transfer to Stephens with a designated school official at your current school.
- The date you transfer schools is called your “release date.”
- As of this date, you will be considered an Stephens student and no longer a student at your current school.
- The date must be after the end of a semester at your current school and no more than five months before the beginning of the next semester at Stephens.
- The date must be during the 60-day grace period after the completion date of your program or optional practical training.
- Your employment authorization will end on your release date.
- Work with your school official to complete the Transfer In Recommendation Form and send to [email protected].
- The designated school official at your current school will submit your transfer request to SEVIS. The official may want to know Stephens' SEVIS number, which is KAN214F00533000.
- On your release date, SEVIS will electronically transfer your record to Stephens College through SEVIS.
- Stephens will mail your new I-20 to you, or you can collect it from our office after you’ve arrived at Stephens. If you are traveling outside the U.S., you must use your Stephens I-20 when you re-enter the United States. If you are concerned that you may not get your Stephens I-20 before you leave the U.S., please contact us with your preferred home country mailing address, and we can send your document to you.
If you are accepted, you will be asked to submit a Certification of Finances with sufficient documentation to [email protected]. The United States government requires applicants to show ability to finance their education and pay for living expenses before Stephens can issue the paperwork you need to apply for a visa.
If you are accepted, you will be asked to pay an enrollment deposit to confirm your enrollment. When asked for a Social Security Number (SSN), you can use 555-55-1833.
You will have a list of checklist items to complete to join classes! The full checklist is online and you can work with your admissions counselor.