Technical Theatre + Stage Management
Challenge your skills and build your professional body of work in a rigorous, accelerated program.
This comprehensive program prepares graduates to secure a position with a major national or regional theatre company, a highly competitive apprenticeship or fellowship, or selection into a prestigious MFA program.
A portfolio review is required for the BFA in Technical Theatre and Stage Management.
- Accelerated BFA program — 3 years/2 summers (8-semester program).
- Ideal for students interested in lighting design, scenic design, stage management and production.
- Varied, rigorous production schedule allowing exposure to a wide range of styles and genres.
- Significant schedule of nationally recognized technicians, designers and guest artists.
- Focus on “the business of the business,” including individualized career planning and one-on-one mentoring.
- Students spend their first four semesters exploring all aspects of technical production and design.
- For their final four semesters, students choose to specialize in scenic design, lighting design, stage management, and production.
- The program includes two immersive seasons at Okoboji Summer Theatre, a professional summer stock theatre.
Behind the Scenes at Okoboji Summer Theatre
In the Scene Shop
Lighting + Tech
Faculty + Staff