Connecting creativity, challenge and opportunity in inspiring new ways.
A deeply committed alumnae network, challenging industry internships, talented faculty with extensive professional experience and an amazing energy for creativity are all hallmarks of a program that prepares young women for a growing global industry—one that’s full of possibilities. Collaboration among degree programs reflects how the industry really works while a solid liberal arts foundation and focus on women as leaders complements core curriculum. We are the place for leaders looking to excel in industries locally, nationally and globally—leaders who want to shape the world through effective communication; inspire through thoughtful marketing programs, meaningful events and powerful, original designs; and lead through strategic initiatives and creative problem-solving.
Industry Trends & Recognition
- Stephens College has the 14th best fashion program in the world, according to Business of Fashion, London. Stephens also tied for second in the world for both learning experience and long-term value across B.A. programs.
- Stephens is also recognized as the #15 Private Fashion Design School or College in the nation by Fashion-Schools.org.
- Stephens is one of only 20 schools nationwide—and the only women’s college—that is a participant in the highly selective Council of Fashion Designers of America Education and Professional Development Program.
- US News and World report ranks Marketing Manager as the #7 best Business Job and ranks Event Planner #9 (and one of the fastest growing). And many Strategic Communications careers—like Public Relations Specialist and Advertising Manager—continue to experience above-average growth
- Fashion is a global industry. Learn why fashion is serious business and see salaries for 40+ fashion industry careers
- The Stephens M.S.L. is rated a #2 Best Buy by GetEducated.com.
- 40+ visiting professionals annually from all parts of the globe
- Study trips to international fashion capitals for credit (as well as additional opportunities through the Study Abroad office)
- Career-focused internships with companies like Nordstrom, Lancome, Victoria's Secret, Bottega Veneta, Anthropologie, Cosmopolitan magazine, Calvin Klein, Marie Claire, as well as top national ad agencies, and local opportunities with some of Fortune 500's fastest-growing companies including Veterans United and Influence & Co.
- Opportunities to gain professional agency experience with the student-run marketing firm Creative Ink
- Innovative design/critic program that partners students with an industry professional mentor
- Annual sold-out fashion show that brings together all fashion disciplines; students showcase designs selected by a rigorous Jury of Selection or focus on event promotion and planning or styling
- State-of-the-art labs where you can explore your creativity while mastering the latest tools
- 13,000+ piece historic fashion collection that can be used by students for visual display, design inspiration or to view fashion history in real time
- Professional faculty committed to your success