Fashion Marketing + Management
Success in the competitive fashion industry demands both creativity and solid foundation in business and marketing.
Stephens College is among “The Best Fashion Schools in the World 2019” according to The Business of Fashion, London. Our marketing and management program leverages our reputation for excellence and extensive alumnae network to prepare students for success.
Stephens graduates are among the best prepared in the industry. Our alumnae work as merchandise buyers, manufacturer’s representatives, visual merchandisers, store managers, public relations managers, merchandisers, planners and product developers. Many are also entrepreneurs.
- Prepare for career in buying, merchandising or retail store management.
- Develop the skills to launch your own business.
- Work on portfolio-building real-world projects, collaborating with other fashion and creative majors.
- Collaborate with local businesses on visual displays and promotions.
- Get hands-on experience in assortment and merchandise planning.
Produce and market The Collections, our annual student designer fashion show, a dynamic runway event established in 1944.
Impressive Networking Opportunities
Network with top industry professionals who visit Stephens every year, including prestigious designers invited by the Jeannene Booher Fashion Lecture Series.
Stephens students in the program often study abroad or complete internships in international fashion capitals for college credit. Scholarships may be available.
Costume Museum and Research Library
Be inspired by our Historic Costume Museum and Research Library, featuring more than 13,000 pieces, including designer garments from fashion icons Bill Blass, Chanel, Oscar de la Renta and Valentino.
- Kelsey Benson ’11, Buy Planner, Nordstrom, Seattle, Washington
- Ashley Bryant ’12, Omni Assistant Buyer, Macy’s, New York, New York
- Kalynn Coy ’17, Content Marketing Coordinator, Menser & Co., Columbia, Missouri
- Erin Ewy ’13, Business Analyst, Fine Jewelry, JC Penney, Plano, Texas
- Shannon Forcade ’12, Key Account Sales Analyst, The North Face, Dallas, Texas
- Sharhonda Hunter ’09, Product Development/Sourcing, Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh, Atlanta, Georgia
- Lizann LaGrange ’84, Store Director, Tory Burch, New York, New York
- Angela LeVota ’10, Director of Retail Sales, Velvet by Graham & Spencer, Chicago, Illinois
- Amanda Puccio ’10, Senior Account Executive, Cinq a Sept, Jaya Apparel Group, LLC, New York, New York
- Alexis Roepe ’10, Assortment Planner, Hallmark Cards, Kansas City, Missouri
- Caroline Sheridan ’13, Championship & PGA Member Merchandising Manager, PGA of American, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida