A new vision for nursing education: Bold nurses who are passionate about improving healthcare for all people.
The Stephens College Nursing program prepares students for the challenges and rewards of the rapidly changing health care industry. An innovative partnership with our neighbor, Boone Hospital Center, provides early access to clinical experiences with an emphasis on career readiness.
What Sets Us Apart
- Stephens offers the only direct entry program in the region. That means, unlike many other programs, students enroll as freshmen and begin taking nursing courses in their first year.
- The Stephens program is designed to be completed in just three years + two summers. Students earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Our curriculum includes the full spectrum of health across age groups and level of need, including experiences in a premiere hospital and other regional health care settings.
The Stephens+Boone Partnership
The Stephens College Nursing program is exceptional for its partnership with Boone Hospital Center. Together, our neighboring institutions have designed a future-focused nursing education program. Our partnership advantages include:
- Access to Boone Hospital Center’s new state-of-the-art simulation lab. The “sim lab” provides a safe but realistic environment for developing early clinical and decision-making skills.
- Small classes taught by Stephens College nursing faculty.
- Early integration into the Boone Hospital family with opportunities to work alongside Boone nurses and the health care team.
About Boone Hospital Center
Boone Hospital Center, a 392-bed full-service facility, was named the top hospital in mid-Missouri by U.S. News & World Report from 2015-2019. It is designated as a Magnet® Hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, which recognizes superior quality in nursing care as evidenced by performance outcomes.
Learn about program features and how to apply with Dr. Noreen Houck, founding director of nursing. Sessions take place June 23-July 9.
We invite public comments on the Stephens College Bachelor of Science in Nursing through July 24, 2020. Comments will be shared with the Missouri State Board of Nursing.