A new vision for nursing education: Bold nurses who are passionate about improving health care for all people.
The Stephens College Nursing program prepares students for the challenges and rewards of the rapidly changing health care industry. An innovative partnership with our neighbor, Boone Hospital Center, provides early access to clinical experiences with an emphasis on career readiness.
What Sets Us Apart
- Stephens offers the only direct entry program in the region. That means, unlike many other programs, students enroll as freshmen and begin taking nursing courses in their first year.
- The Stephens program is designed to be completed in just three years + two summers. Students earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Our curriculum includes the full spectrum of health across age groups and level of need, including experiences in a premiere hospital and other regional health care settings.
The Stephens+Boone Partnership
The Stephens College Nursing program is exceptional for its partnership with Boone Hospital Center. Together, our neighboring institutions have designed a future-focused nursing education program. Our partnership advantages include:
- Access to Boone Hospital Center’s new state-of-the-art simulation lab. The “sim lab” provides a safe but realistic environment for developing early clinical and decision-making skills.
- Small classes taught by Stephens College nursing faculty.
- Early integration into the Boone Hospital family with opportunities to work alongside Boone nurses and the health care team.
- Stephens nursing scholarship for Boone employees >
About Boone Hospital Center
Boone Hospital Center, a 392-bed full-service facility, was named the top hospital in mid-Missouri by U.S. News & World Report from 2015-2019. It is designated as a Magnet® Hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, which recognizes superior quality in nursing care as evidenced by performance outcomes.
Virtual Open Houses
Learn about program features with Dr. Noreen Houck, founding director of nursing.
Patient Care Technician Trainee Program
Boone Hospital Center’s Patient Care Technician (PCT) Trainee Program is perfect for pre-nursing students. A PCT performs various direct patient care functions and works closely with a nurse to ensure patients receive the highest level of personal care. In this program, you’ll receive both classroom and hands-on instruction in direct patient care to prepare you to be a PCT.