Study the ever-changing art of creating powerful visual messages that compel your audience to take action.
Students studying communication design have opportunities to create all kinds of communications — graphic design, media design, book/publication, advertising, gaming, interactive and digital campaigns, print and direct marketing materials and campaigns, magazine, websites and more.
Core coursework also includes fundamentals of marketing, communications, design thinking and leadership for a well-rounded experience.
- Learn from a full slate of professional working industry experts who challenge students with real-world projects.
- Get hands-on experience with real clients early in your academic career through class work and practicums.
- Gain valuable internship and professional experience with on-campus opportunities, covering everything from events management to magazine design, and from advertising to social media communications.
- Collaborate in working groups with students studying in a wide range of creative majors for a realistic work experience.
- Create a professional portfolio and exhibit your best works in a senior show that’s open to the public.
- Design your program around you, choosing the projects that challenge and inspire, while stretching your skills and creativity.
Stephens features state-of-the-art systems and software, ensuring students are up to date on all industry technologies. Our design studios use Apple work stations with professional software, digital cameras and high-resolution video projectors. Workspaces are designed to reflect modern collaborative work styles and environments.
Stephens Life Magazine
Bring your talents to Stephens Life, our national award-winning student-run feature magazine. Choose the role that’s right for you.
Build your portfolio as you take on challenging real-world projects as part of the student-run creative services agency, Creative Ink. Take on a leadership, project management or creative position.