Bring your big, bold, bright dreams to Stephens.
And some other stuff.
What to bring:
- Alarm Clock
- Area and Bath Rugs
- Shower Curtain for Suite-Style Room (coordinate with suite mates)
- Chairs (for guests and lounging)
- Storage Containers
- Desk & Floor Lamps (no halogens)
- TV, Stereo, Radio, DVD Player
- Personal Computer & Printer
- Surge Protector & Extension Cords
- Refrigerator (maximum size: 4.2 cubic feet)
- Room Decorations (posters, picture frames, etc.)
- Mattress Foam or Pad
- Sheets (check bed size to determine twin or full)
- Pillows, Blankets (Electric Blankets are OK)
- Toiletries (including Toilet Paper for suite-style rooms)
- Hair Dryer, Curling/Flat Irons
- Small Fan
- Cleaning Supplies (brooms and vacuums can be checked out in each hall)
- Iron & Ironing Board (and other Laundry Supplies)
- Sewing Kit
- Small First Aid Kit
- Coffee Pots (without heating coils)
- Personal Trash Can and Bags
- Bed Risers (if you want to loft your bed)
What not to bring:
To reduce the risk of fire hazards, the following items are permitted for use IN THE HALL KITCHENS ONLY:
- Popcorn Poppers
- Coffee Pots
- Hot Plate and Hot Pots
- George Foreman Grills
Don't bring these items at all:
- Alcohol, Illegal Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- Candles with wicks (candles with wicks removed are OK for decorations and use with a warmer)
- Toaster Ovens
- Refrigerators larger than 4.2 cu. ft.
- Firearms (and other deadly weapons)
- Halogen Lamps
- Space Heaters or Air Conditioners
What's provided in my room already?
Stephens provides each student with a bed frame, mattress, desk, chair and a dresser. Rooms will be furnished according to the number of people occupying each room. Any student wishing to have furniture removed from her room prior to arrival on campus should call Student Services at (573) 876-7212 to request those items not be placed in the room. Any furniture removal requests made after arrival to campus should be made through Campus Facilities at [email protected]. **Students are NOT permitted to move unwanted furniture into hallways; doing so means you will be assessed a fee of $10 per item per day for items improperly stored in the hallway.
Stephens provides and installs blinds for first-floor residence hall rooms only. Students wanting assistance in installing blinds on upper-level floors can contact Campus Facilities at [email protected].