What to Bring to Campus
Bring your big, bold, bright dreams to Stephens. And some other stuff.
What's provided in my room already?
Rooms will be furnished according to the number of persons occupying each room.
Every single room contains the following:
One twin bed
Set of drawers
Desk and chair
Additional furniture requests will not be honored.
College property, including furnishings, must not be moved from the assigned area. At no time may furniture be placed in hallways or lounges. There is a $10.00 per piece per day fine for furniture found outside of its assigned areas.
Furniture is allowed to be taken out of residence rooms only if requested by residents to the facilities team. Facilities and facilities only may remove furniture out of residents' rooms.
Stephens provides and installs blinds for first-floor residence hall rooms only. Students wanting assistance in installing blinds on upper-level floors can contact Campus Facilities at [email protected].
What to bring:
- Alarm Clock
- Area and Bath Rugs
- Shower Curtain for Suite-Style Room (coordinate with suite mates)
- Chairs (for guests and lounging)
- Storage Containers
- Desk & Floor Lamps (no halogens)
- TV, Stereo, Radio, DVD Player
- Personal Computer & Printer
- Surge Protector & Extension Cords
- Refrigerator (maximum size: 4.2 cubic feet)
- Room Decorations (posters, picture frames, etc.)
- Mattress Foam or Pad
- Sheets (check bed size to determine twin or full)
- Pillows, Blankets (Electric Blankets are OK)
- Toiletries (including Toilet Paper for suite-style rooms)
- Toiletries Caddy
- Small Fan
- Cleaning Supplies (brooms and vacuums can be checked out in each hall)
- Iron & Ironing Board (and other Laundry Supplies)
- Small First Aid Kit
- Coffee Pots (without heating coils)/Single-serve coffee makers
- Personal Trash Can and Bags
- Bed Risers
While we will have these items available to you, you may want to bring your own as well!
- Personal hand sanitizer
Don't bring these items:
- Alcohol, Illegal Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- Candles with Wicks (candles with wicks removed are OK for decorations and use with a warmer)
- Toaster Ovens
- Popcorn Poppers
- Coffee Pots
- Hot Plate and Hot Pots
- George Foreman Grills
- Refrigerators larger than 4.2 cu. ft.
- Firearms (and other deadly weapons)
- Halogen Lamps
- Space Heaters or Air Conditioners
- Water-Filled Furniture