Welcome to Stephens!
We are looking forward to your arrival on campus. In the meantime, you have several steps to complete. Please review our Incoming Student Checklist and complete all the steps that are relevant to you. And please reach out if you need assistance — we are more than happy to help!
Find what you need:
File your FAFSA
If you haven't already, file your FAFSA (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid), which also serves as your application for financial aid at Stephens. We use this information to help determine the aid, grants and scholarships for which you may be eligible. For more information, visit the Office of Financial Aid. You are always welcome to contact [email protected] with your questions, too. Stephens’ FAFSA code is 002512.
Confirm your Enrollment
Confirm your enrollment at Stephens with your deposit. We use your date of deposit to assign housing, so you’ll want to secure your spot as soon as possible.
Complete an Accepted Student Visit
Come to campus to enroll in your first-semester classes and get your Student ID, take a tour of residence halls, meet other students, and more! You may also complete your visit virtually. Any kind of official visit makes you eligible for a $1000 financial aid bonus (exceptions apply for students receiving athletics scholarships).
Steps for Enrolled Students
Apply for Campus Housing or Appeal to Live Off Campus
First- and second-year students:
Stephens College students who are of freshman or sophomore status are required to live on campus and participate in the College's meal plan unless they meet at least one of the exemptions listed below, and meet with a Financial Aid counselor. Our financial aid packages are offered with the assumption that all students live on campus, and your institutional aid may be adjusted if you live off campus.
- Students who live with their parent/grandparent within Boone County (verification of address required)
- Students who are 24 years of age or older (proof of age required)
- Students who are married (marriage license required)
- Students who have dependent children living with them
Bringing a Pet to Campus?
Students who are living in pet-friendly housing (Pillsbury Hall 1st, 2nd or 3rd floors; Searcy Hall; or Tower Hall) may bring a pet to campus. You may also apply to foster a pet through the Stephens College partnership with Columbia Second Chance.
Confirm your Stephens College Email Address
You should have received a welcome message from Stephens College Information + Technology Services with your personal email address (for example, [email protected]). Important information about Stephens will be sent to this email address as you prepare to come to campus and throughout your time at Stephens, so be sure to get in the habit of checking it often.
If you haven’t received information about your Stephens email address yet, contact
your Admissions Counselor.
- If you have received it, but you have questions or need help, contact I&TS [email protected].
Get your Stephens College Student ID
If you haven’t visited campus since enrolling, you’ll need to get a Stephens College Student ID. You have two options:
- Use the Student ID Photo Upload Form. The photo you provide will be printed on your ID. IDs with photos submitted by Friday, Aug. 13, will be mailed to your home address. IDs made with photos submitted after Aug. 13 will be available for pick up in the Accounting Office in Lela Raney Wood Hall upon arrival on campus.
- Go to the Accounting Office in Lela Raney Wood Hall when you arrive on campus to have your picture taken for your Student ID.
Complete the Immunization AND COVID-19 Vaccination Forms
Consent for Treatment of Minor in Health Services Form
Students under 18 years of age before the first day of classes must have a parent/guardian complete a Consent for Treatment of Minor in Health Services Form.
Set up a Tuition Payment Plan
Before you move into the residence halls or start classes, you’ll need to pay your student bills or set up an interest-free monthly payment plan.
Order your Textbooks
Find what materials are required for your classes and get the best value on textbooks and course materials through Stephens' official online bookstore.
Purchase a Parking Pass
If you are bringing a vehicle to campus and wish to park in designated student parking lots, you will need a Student Parking Pass.
You’ll need your driver’s license, insurance information, vehicle license plate number and vehicle identification to complete the form. Follow these instructions:
- Set your browser to allow pop-ups
- Select the Group (Stephens College Security)
- Click "Write New Online Permit Registration"
- Choose the appropriate permit type
- Select "Annual" for permit period
- Select the appropriate affiliation
- Complete all information blocks in Step 2
- Complete all information blocks for your vehicle in Step 3
- Review all information
- Finalize the purchase
The next step is to pack your stuff and come to campus. We'll have your room key ready for you on move-in day!