Explore your scientific passions and customize a path that reflects your goals.
A Biology degree from Stephens will prepare you to take your career to the next level whether you want to be a research scientist or prepare for nursing, veterinary medicine, dental or medical school.
- Learn vital laboratory and biotechnology skills at the Pillsbury Science Center labs.
- Collaborate with Biology and Health Science students and learn from dedicated faculty as part of the School of Health Sciences.
- Get a solid science foundation that prepares you for medical, veterinary medicine, dental or other professional schools.
- Join Beta Beta Beta (Tri Beta), the biology honor society.
Stephens’ Small Class Advantage
- Faculty who know you can better personalize your curriculum path, help you make connections, give referrals and recommendations, and answer questions about your graduate school applications.
- Research opportunities are available even for first-year students.
- Small class sizes make for interesting class discussions within an environment that welcomes questions.
- Students have more opportunities to take on leadership roles.
- Studying science at a women’s college has a specific advantage: Why STEM students choose women’s colleges >
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Finding Their Path