Stephens College Counseling Center
The Stephens College Counseling Center offers free, confidential, individual counseling sessions to all undergraduate students and full-time graduate students*.
Counseling services are provided by licensed mental health professionals and advanced graduate students in the Stephens College M.Ed. in Counseling (i.e., counselors-in-training). All advanced Counseling students are supervised by a clinical coordinator and Stephens College Counseling program faculty who are fully licensed as professional counselors in the State of Missouri.
For emergencies, please contact 911.
*Full-time students of the M.Ed. in Counseling should contact the Counseling Program Director prior to requesting an appointment at the Counseling Center.
If you or someone you know is having a mental health emergency:
Call the Suicide + Crisis Lifeline at 988
The Counseling Center offers Stephens undergraduate and full-time graduate students face-to-face and telehealth counseling sessions at no cost. Group counseling may be offered depending on demand.
Important: The Counseling Center can make appropriate mental health referrals, but does not provide psychological testing or prescribe medicine.
Spring 2023 Hours of Operation
Dates + Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (last sessions begin at 4 p.m.)
- Monday, January 9th to Thursday, May 4th, 2023
The Counseling Center is closed on the following days
- Monday, January 16th (MLK day)
- March 27 thru March 31st (Spring Break)
How to Schedule a Counseling Appointment
There are two ways to schedule an appointment at the Stephens College Counseling Center (SCCC)
Option 1: Follow the 3-step process below
- Access the Counseling Center Initial Intake Form >
You must sign in with your official Stephens College email account to access the form. Please contact the Counseling Center at [email protected] with any issues or concerns.
- Complete all required questions on the intake form and submit to [email protected] Please provide as much flexibility on your availability as possible to increase your options for being seen more quickly by a counselor.
- Counseling Center Staff will respond with an appointment and time, along with instructions for the first appointment. Appointments will often be sent via “Supervision Assist.” When working with the Counseling Center, it is important to check your junk email folder to ensure you are not missing a communication from the center or your counselor/counselor-in-training.
Option 2: Call + Leave a Voicemail Message
You may call or email the SCCC to set up, cancel or reschedule an appointment. All calls to the Counseling Center are automatically directed to voicemail, so please LEAVE A MESSAGE at 573-876-7157. All voicemails are immediately emailed to the SCCC Clinical Coordinator, who will respond promptly to the student's official email from the SCCC email address ([email protected]).