Master of Education in Counseling
Maybe you’re already making a difference in the mental health or education profession, or maybe you’re just starting out on your career path. Now you’re ready to take your career further, and explore how you can apply your talents and experience to helping others. The Stephens College graduate program is thoughtfully designed to help you along on a fulfilling professional journey.
Evening courses, program tracks, and committed faculty who care about your unique goals make it easy for you to pursue your M.Ed. in Counseling, or earn the licensure you need. Our focus on the individual ensures small class sizes and personal attention. We are committed to preparing the best counseling professionals and will help you transition successfully to the next phase in your career. Peer-to-peer support and dedicated advisers enhance the learning experience.
Enhance your career with a degree or licensure provided by those who understand the industry and your commitment to making a difference.
- Dedicated advisers respect and support your personal goals, and provide support for the transition into the next phase of your career
- Faculty offer current, relevant experience
- Founded on the scientist-practitioner training model for a more meaningful learning experience
- Strong peer-to-peer support networks with fellow counseling students
- Partnership with Burrell Behavioral Health that provides internships for Stephens students and tuition benefits for Burrell employees
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Clinical mental health counselors focus on promoting the mental health of individuals, families, groups and organizations in a diverse society.
Professional School Counselors help students address their personal, social, educational and career needs in elementary, middle and high schools.
Strong Career Outlook
Counseling professionals with the right educational foundation and credentials are in excellent position for career success. Employment for those in the counseling field is expected to grow in the years ahead. Depending on the specialty area pursued, growth can be faster than the industry average.
Meet the Counseling Director
Dr. Dan Kissinger, the new director of Stephens' M.Ed. in Counseling, discusses his vision for the program and today's counseling career outlook, and answers questions about the program.