Where creativity meets opportunity.
Visit the Box Office for performance tickets.
You have the guts, persistence and passion to go after your dreams. We give you the know-how, technical skills, hands-on experiences and (countless) opportunities to hone that talent. From your first day on campus, you'll be immersed in your major. You'll also be given opportunities to become a well rounded creative professional who knows what it takes to succeed in their chosen field. Small class sizes, personal attention, dedicated faculty, and thoughtful advisers who understand your career goals complement and strengthen the Stephens experience.
Explore Majors and Programs
- Our students work with nationally and internationally recognized guest artists in the performing arts, work with working TV and screenwriters in our M.F.A. program, and hear from professionals and writers from all genres through our Writers on the Edge.
- The Stephens College theatre program is ranked No. 3 in the country by The Princeton Review. Students enjoy 60+ performance opportunities each year.
- Our film festival is recognized as one of the "coolest" film festivals. As part of the Stephens College mission, the festival celebrates independent film by independent women.
- Our literary magazine, Harbinger, continues to win many national awards.
- An onsite lab school means education students are in the classroom from their first semester.
- Our theatre for young audiences institute provides hands-on children’s theatre experience.
- Whether the mentorship-apprentice environment of the performing arts or the hands-on opportunities across all programs, students received individualized attention. Here we’ll always listen to and respect your unique personal goals, and do everything we can to help you chase down your dreams.
Our performing arts season
Okoboji Summer Theatre, Stephens' professional summer theatre company
Summer Theatre Institute
From Stephens: Dance Alumnae Newsletter
Children's School at Stephens College (90+ years of hands-on learning with a focus on arts integration)
School of Creative and Performing Arts Facebook