Get involved ... try something new ... change the world.
There are lots of ways to get involved in clubs, events and special programs around campus. We have an active Student Government Association, academic clubs, honor societies, two sororities, a student magazine and a student literary journal. We’re home to eight athletic teams and a vibrant School of Performing Arts that offers musicals, plays and dance concerts throughout the year.
We have lots of clubs on campus. A few examples include:
- Alpha Lambda Delta - an academic honors society based on GPA of 3.5 or better
- Beautiful - an organization that aims to create bonds of women of the African Diaspora on campus
- Campus Life Unleashed (CLU) - a volunteer student organization that supports the mission of the College and meets the needs of its students by providing social, recreational and developmental programs on campus
- The Human Experience - Stephens College's QSA
- Mortar Board - the premier national honor society recognizing college seniors for superior achievement in scholarship, leadership and service
- Panhellenic - comprised of two incredible sororities, Kappa Delta and Sigma Sigma Sigma; both of which excel in academics, serving the community and becoming leaders
- Sigma Tau Delta - The Alpha Epsilon Eta chapter of the International English Honor Society
- Stephens College Student Government Association (SGA) - the governing body of all students
- Tri-Beta - a student-led organization dedicated to improving the understanding and appreciation of biological study
Students are also welcome to form their own clubs on campus.
Stephens is located in Columbia, Mo., home to the University of Missouri and more than 36,000 college students — so there's lots to do off campus, as well!