Starkle Dream Up. Stephens College

About Work Study

Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, helping them earn money to pay for college. Stephens employment is also available to students eligible for work-study.

How to qualify

To qualify, you must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current school year by the February 1 deadline to be considered for these grants. The Financial Aid office determines your eligibility for FWS or Stephens Employment based on your FAFSA.

In order to apply for Work-Study positions, you must be eligible for work study; work study will be listed on your Award Letter. If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact Suzanne Evans in the Office of Financial Aid at (573) 876-7106 or [email protected].

Next steps

For qualified work study students 

If you have not had a work study job in the past, you will need to bring the following items to complete your required paperwork with Human Resources (HR). These documents will be needed for the hiring process.

You will need one of the following current identification pieces (expired identification cannot be used):

  • Passport
  • Driver’s License with photo
  • State Issued ID with photo

You will also need to bring either your Social Security Card or a birth certificate unless you're using a passport.

You must also complete the following:

Please read the following:

Find a position 

Still have questions? 

Contact the Financial Aid office at (573) 876-7106 or [email protected] to learn more.

Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.