SC Events Assistant
Stephens College is seeking a full-time SC Events Assistant who will be responsible for assisting external and internal clients with scheduling and using Stephens College venues.
A positive attitude, the ability to work with people, and attention to details are important functions of this position.
- Initial contact for venue rental inquiries.
- Schedule and lead tours of Stephens College’s rental venues.
- Create rental contracts and send to clients.
- Ensure timely invoicing and receipt of payment and insurance policies for all clients.
- Attend events when necessary (occasional nights and weekends required) and manage and operate (when necessary) audio and visual equipment for events.
- Respond to client questions and resolve client concerns in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and manage the client evaluation process for all clients.
- Assist in the development of and revising of internal booking procedures and the completion of training with all necessary internal personnel.
- Manage internal event requests in SchoolDude. Approve/deny requests in timely manner and coordinate needs with the facilities and security departments.
- Assemble the weekly events calendar, lead weekly events calendar meeting, and distribute calendar to departments.
- Work with internal departments and organizations to help facilitate large or publically attended internal events (occasional nights and weekends required).
- General office duties include the following:
- Answer phones and respond to email inquiries;
- Manage mail;
- Process payments, prepare billing invoices and check requests;
- Maintain accurate and detailed spreadsheets for financial transactions;
- Manage and purchase supplies.
- Hire, schedule and manage work study students.
- Assist in researching conference and event service industry trends, standards and best practices for both corporate and wedding events.
- Assist with social media efforts, including but not limited to: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and WordPress.
- Assist internal departments with Guest Suites requests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative office experience
- Associates degree; Bachelor’s
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A preference for details, organization, efficiency and service
- A working knowledge of office and computer equipment
- Experience using computer programs including Word, Excel and Databases
Application deadline: Open until filled. EOE. A diverse community on campus is valued.