Student Success Center
The Student Success Center announces one part-time position (ten hours weekly) for a professional tutor beginning Spring Semester 2013. The SSC seeks a professional who can be a self-directed member of the SSC team and provide tutoring and writing assistance to residential undergraduate students. Scheduling availability is as important as expertise.
One Position for Liberal Arts/Writing Tutor (ten hours weekly)
- Master’s degree preferred, will consider a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Teaching experience preferred, high school or college
- Demonstrated experience in assisting students (individually or in small groups) with introductory writing assignments/projects for courses in the Liberal Arts or in specific majors, particularly business and psychology
- Ability to guide students (individually or in small groups) through the different stages in the writing process for both Composition I and II.
- Knowledge of formatting styles, particularly APA and MLA
- Exam proctoring as needed
- Support for technological literacy—encourage use of databases and evaluation of web sources.
- Presentation of at least one workshop (announced in advance) during each semester.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding records and information.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
EOE A diverse community on campus is valued.