Human Resources Department
Coordinates activities for payroll processing through third party and assists with administration of employee benefit programs. Reports to the Human Resources Director.
- Coordinate payroll activities in the HR office.
- Supervise maintenance of employee records including vacation and sick leave balances.
- Maintain strict payroll controls, schedules and deadlines.
- Responsible for preparation, reconciliation, balancing and adjusting W-2 and W2C tax reporting forms.
- Responsible for auditing electronic deposits of State and Federal taxes and prepare quarterly and yearly tax reporting forms.
- Responsible for monitoring and coordinating worker’s compensation payments and absence report with campus offices and third party administrator for worker's compensation.
- Coordinate the processing of wage garnishments and subpoenas of employee records.
- Oversee and coordinate the remittance of voluntary deductions and automatic payroll deposits.
- Document payroll tasks and prepare and maintain up-to-date department procedures manual.
- Participate in workshops, seminars and training to remain current on applicable laws and regulations.
- Reconcile and submit bills for payment.
- Assists with benefit administration and open enrollment.
- Prepare and respond to report and survey requests.
- Maintain FMLA and Cobra participant information.
- Assist Director with employee recruitment and orientation (includes applicant tracking/resume distribution/non-hire notification/benefit follow-up when necessary)
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree required
- 2 -3 years payroll experience
- Paychex experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor
- A preference for details, organization, efficiency and service
- A working knowledge of office and computer equipment
- Experience using computer programs including Word, Excel and Databases
EOE A diverse community on campus is valued.