Seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the office of Human Resources. As the first point of contact this position requires strong customer service skills and professional demeanor.
Human Resources Department
- Assists Director with new employee orientation by preparing materials and scheduling orientation activities.
- Assists with application processing.
- Runs background screenings and E-verify on new hires. Runs yearly Motor Vehicle Record checks.
- Assists with bi-weekly, monthly and student payroll and payroll system inquiries.
- Tracks and reviews new or separated employee files for completeness. Updates current employees’ information in various locations.
- Completes employment verifications requests.
- Processes worker’s compensation claims and acts as primary contact with claim adjuster. Submits general liability claims for the college.
- Runs and submits monthly and yearly HR reports.
- Conducts first year Anniversary and retirement meetings.
- Maintains office calendar and the college’s organization chart.
- Orders office supplies and submits check requests.
- Performs general office duties such as screening calls, helping visitors and processing mail.
- Schedules meetings, interviews and assists with correspondence as needed.
- Assists with work study student supervision and scheduling.
- Assists with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative office experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A preference for details, organization, efficiency and service
- A working knowledge of office and computer equipment
- Experience using computer programs including Word, Excel and Databases
- Not required but heavily desired is experience working with Paychex, E-verify, worker’s compensation and background screening
Stephens College offers excellent benefits including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and college paid pension plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer. A diverse community on campus is valued.