Director of Philanthropy
Stephens College seeks a full-time Director of Philanthropy. This position is responsible for identifying, engaging, and soliciting individuals, corporations and foundations for gifts of $25,000 and more for Stephens College.
Requires extensive travel and an irregular schedule.
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors to generate significant gifts for the college. Establish relationships and partnerships between the college and prospective and current donors, alumnae, friends and business leaders through personal visits, phone calls, e-mails, notes, letters, attendance at events and customized donor proposals. This position involves extensive travel and an irregular schedule including evening and weekend assignments.
- In collaboration with other members of the Office of Philanthropy, research potential major gift donors utilizing DonorPerfect database, files, predictive modeling software, and other means.
- Develop and maintain donor strategy plans and call reports.
- Assist with other advancement projects, attending regularly scheduled advancement meetings, participate in donor strategy meetings and support the donor management system as needed. In addition, support other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Three to five years of experience in a development or philanthropy setting working on fundraising or alumni/volunteer relations or equivalent transferable skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and writing skills.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in higher education is desirable.
- Familiarity working with databases and office software is preferred.
- Valid drivers license required meeting the Stephens College Acceptable Driver Qualifications.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and College-paid retirement plan.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
EOE. A diverse community on campus is valued.