Assistant Professor Mathematics/Physics -Tenure Track
School of Humanities and Sciences
Beginning August 2013
Responsibilities: Teaching, advising and service to undergraduate programs; Mathematics teaching responsibilities include Statistics, College Algebra, College Calculus, Math for Elementary Teachers and upper level math courses as needed. The faculty will also teach the one year Introductory Physics sequence for Biology majors. Faculty typically teach 12 credit hours per semester.
Minimum qualifications: A Ph.D. degree in mathematics, mathematics education or Physics and evidence of excellence in teaching. A strong commitment to student-centered, outcomes-based education with experience incorporating multiple instructional strategies and the use of technology in teaching and learning required. In addition to strong quantitative skills, applicants should have experience using strategies, instructional methodologies and techniques in support of diverse student abilities and learning styles. Applicants should be proven team-players with an ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and College-paid retirement plan.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date mid-August 2013.Employment will require a criminal background check.
- Applicants should complete the Stephens College online application
- Submit by email attachment to [email protected]
- A current curriculum vitae
- A list of five references with contact information and
- A cover letter that describes how the applicant’s qualifications and experience align with the job description
- A separate document of your teaching, advising and student directed research experience. Include in the document any teaching evaluations or student directed research.
A diverse community on campus is valued.