Graduate, Online & Non-credit Programs
The Admissions Counselor’s primary focus will be to recruit prospective students. In addition provide excellent customer service while assisting prospective students through the inquiry, application and enrollment process.
Occasional travel required as needed for career fairs, conventions and special events.
- Serve as primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students, providing consistent, accurate and timely information
- Meet inquiry- to- applicant, and applicant- to- admitted yield goals
- Work in conjunction with faculty to ensure prospective students enroll in the appropriate programs to meet their career objectives
- Provide basic financial aid information to prospective students
- Represent and promote Stephens at various professional school fairs, conferences, public relations events, and other external and internal promotional activities relevant to student recruitment
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with support staff, faculty, professional peers and department representatives
- Provide quality customer service
- Advance departmental enrollment goals
- Utilize the Stephens student database to document daily student connections
- Prepare and maintain weekly inquiry, applicant and roster reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Continuous contact with members of own work unit, immediate supervisor, prospective and current students.
- Frequent contact with program directors.
- Regular contact with community and professional constituents.
- Good work habits, attitude and interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree required
- Five to ten years professional work experience preferred
- One year of experience in admissions, sales, marketing or comparable profession
- Strong writing and communication skills, including good listening skills
- A preference for details, organization, efficiency and service
- Good customer service skills and professional demeanor
- Good with numbers, math and maintaining financial records
- Excellent phone skills
- A working knowledge of office and computer equipment
- Experience using computer programs including Word, Excel and databases
- Valid driver’s license required
Stephens College offers excellent benefits including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and college paid pension plan.
EOE A diverse community on campus is valued.