Apply for Study Abroad
Study abroad can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your college career, but it takes research and careful planning to ensure that the program you choose will align with your personal, academic and career goals. The process from program selection to application can take 8-10 months, so get started on your journey with these steps.
Study Abroad Application Deadlines
- Winter Break 2023-24: Apply by October 6, 2023
- Spring 2024: Apply by October 6, 2023
- Summer 2024: Apply by February 16, 2024
- Fall 2024: Apply by February 16, 2024
- Explore your program options.
- Set up an appointment with the Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss your choices and review the application process. Email [email protected] to set up an appointment.
- Discuss your plans with your family.
- Discuss your plans with your academic adviser.
- Begin filling out the Financial Planning Worksheet.
- Student must have completed one full year on the Stephens campus before traveling
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- In good standing with the institution
- Currently not on academic probation
- Complete a study abroad orientation session prior to departure
Because studying abroad has several elements, there are several steps to the application.
- Complete the Stephens College Study Abroad Application.
- Complete the Study Abroad Supplement and submit it to the study abroad coordinator at Dudley Hall 117 or Campus Box 2047. This portion of the application will require you to collect signatures from the following campus offices: Office of the Registrar, Office of Accounting, Office of Financial Aid, Office of Student Development, Office of Residence Life (for full-term study abroad), and your academic adviser and dean.
- If you are participating in an unaffiliated program you must also complete the Consortium Agreement and submit it to the study abroad coordinator.
- After your Stephens College Study Abroad Application has been approved by the study abroad coordinator, you can enroll with your program provider. It is critical to pay attention to the program provider's application deadlines!
Prepare for Departure
- Orientation will be conducted prior to your departure. The study abroad coordinator will contact you with dates and times.
- IMPORTANT: Do not purchase airline tickets until you have received official notification from Stephens (that your Study Abroad application has been approved) and from your provider (that you have been accepted into the program).
Policies and Forms
Review the Study Abroad Handbook, which includes policies and program information. Then talk with the Study Abroad Coordinator about your plans to determine which forms you must complete.