A tradition of educational excellence
Founded in 1925, we believe children should be active learners who have a variety of opportunities to test ideas in real-world situations.
Our arts-infused curriculum and classroom activities are designed to promote independence, problem solving, creativity and critical thinking.
We go beyond helping children recall information; we challenge them to actively use what they've learned in the classroom to ensure they understand what they’ve learned, and why it’s important.
The Power of a Laboratory School
- The Children's School is built around an individualized curriculum, so children learn what they are ready to learn when they are ready to learn it.
- As a lab school, children work alongside college students and master teachers to cultivate a community of learning.
- We take an inquiry-based approach content and skill development, nurturing and prioritizing student interest and curiosity.
- Elementary age children participate in our multiage program, where they work, wonder and play with students from ages five to 11. Students are grouped by ability and interest rather than age.
- Half-day and full-day preschool for ages 3-5
- K-5 Elementary School (students are grouped by ability rather than age)
- Before- and after-school care options are available for students enrolled in the Children's School.
Ready to take a tour, get started on enrollment process, or just learn more? Complete our interest form!