Registration for Clubs and Networks
The Process: Step by Step
- First, fill out our Start an Alumnae Group form online. The form includes basic contact information, what type of group you’d like to start or register, other alumnae who are interested in starting/registering the group with you and your primary goal(s) for the group.
- Someone from the Office of Institutional Advancement and Initiatives will contact you within 5-7 business days after submitting your request.
- If you do not already have other alumnae interested in starting/registering the group with you, your next step will be to recruit at least three others to assist in the formation of the group. The Office of Institutional Advancement and Initiatives can assist you with connecting to other alumnae in your area.
- If you do have other alumnae interested in starting/registering the group with you, the Office of Institutional Advancement will assist you with finalizing your registration, connecting you to resources and providing a list of alumnae in your area.
If you have additional follow-up questions or need assistance with the form, please call us at (573) 876-7173 or email at [email protected].
Establishing an Alumnae Group: Strategies for Success
- Start early
Coordinating resources among volunteers and College staff takes time. Begin planning early to maximize all available opportunities.
Our staff wants to help you succeed. Bring questions and ideas to staff and other volunteers for feedback. We recognize that you have other obligations. Accordingly, we hesitate to make unnecessary demands on your time. By speaking with a staff person well in advance, we can find ways to work efficiently to support you in your volunteer efforts while ensuring that we meet appropriate deadlines.
- Reach out
Volunteer leaders have access to the Alumnae Bulletin Board for sharing ideas, tips and experiences. Find and talk to other volunteers and leaders to see what has worked, what is being planned and what to avoid.
- Have fun
Planning events takes time and effort, but volunteering should be rewarding and fun. Our staff will help ease the burden of planning an event. Make sure you take the time to enjoy yourself and the company of your fellow alumnae.
- Budget enough time and start small
Alumnae have the best of intentions when starting a group but can easily find themselves overwhelmed. Remember that every little bit makes a BIG difference to the College. Talk to our staff members and other volunteers to see how much time planning an event will take. Groups take time to develop and grow; don’t try to do everything all at once.