Community Engagement Award Policy
If you have a COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AWARD it requires you to attend events to earn a certain number of Community Engagement points each semester — so that you continue to receive your scholarship the following semester — here are IMPORTANT DETAILS you need to know about COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT POINTS.
Stephens is about community, and as such, we have a number of events on campus each semester in which we invite you to gather, to participate, and to learn from each other and various speakers and guests. We encourage you to take advantage of these opportunities while earning Community Engagement points to retain your award!
· All campus events will be worth 3 points per event.
EXCEPTIONS: Vespers is 6 points; Opening Convocation is 10 points; and any all-campus event convened by the President is 10 points.
· No repeat visits to the same performance or exhibit will be recognized.
· Leaders in student organizations can receive up to 15 points for those roles.
· When you attend an event or engage in an activity approved for Community Engagement points, make sure you have your Student ID scanned on site so you receive your points for that event. Points will only be awarded to students who scan in on site at an event. There are 10 scanners for use across campus.
· You will be able to view the points required to maintain your scholarship and the points you've earned by logging into the Portal (https:\\portal.stephens.edu) and choosing the Community Engagement Points link under the Reports tab.
· Point records on the portal may take 2-7 days to update.
· The general rule for Community Engagement point requirements is:
$3,000 scholarship = 45 pts required per semester
$2,000 scholarship = 30 pts required per semester
$1,000 scholarship = 15 pts required per semester
----Make sure you know how many points you need to earn this semester to keep your scholarship for next semester!----
· To request Community Engagement Points for an event, log into the Portal (https:\\portal.stephens.edu) and choose the Campus Events Posting form under the Reports tab. Complete the form ensuring that the Check if Community Engagement Points are Desired box is selected. The event host (listed on the application form) will be notified via e-mail when a decision has been made regarding points for an event.
· To review events approved for Community Engagement Points log into the Portal (https:\\portal.stephens.edu) and choose the Community Engagement Events link under the Reports tab.
· The Leadership and Programming office (LPO) will host several lunch and dinner time informational meetings regarding Community Engagement points the 2nd and 3rd weeks of school, and info will be covered in Student Success classes.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact the LPO in Stamper Commons Suite 222, at [email protected] or 573-876-2339.