Our transfer-friendly promise means we work one-on-one with transfer students to ensure a seamless transition into our programs.
Our transfer-friendly promise also includes generous scholarships for transfer students, dual admissions and matriculation agreements with leading community colleges, and a dedicated transfer admissions counselor focused on ensuring you receive maximum transfer credit.
Stephens has been named to the Transfer Honor Roll by Phi Theta Kappa, the international honor society of two-year colleges and academic colleges, and is the proud home of the PTK Alpha Chapter.
Transfer Student Admissions Process
We understand the importance of responding quickly to busy transfer students. In most cases, once we receive your completed application and college-level transcripts, we will respond with an admissions decision within five days.
Step 1: Apply.
Fill out our online application and tell us more about you.
There is no application fee, and your application will be automatically reviewed for transfer scholarship eligibility.
Step 2: Submit your official transcripts.
Submit your official transcript(s) from previously attended institutions.
Electronic transcripts may be submitted through various electronic transcript services and can also be sent to [email protected] directly from the institution. Transcripts received from a student will not be considered official.
Paper transcripts must be mailed directly to Stephens College by your school(s). Have your official transcript(s) mailed to:
Stephens College Office of Admissions
Campus Box 2121
1200 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65201
MACCStephens Admissions Process
If you are a current MACC student looking for information about the MACCStephens program, visit Explore MACCStephens.
Deadlines + Timelines
Stephens uses a rolling admissions review process, which means it is never too early or late to apply. However, we do look at deposit date when it's time to make housing and other assignments, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. We’ll always take the time to thoroughly review your application, and provide a timely response.
The FAFSA application opens on Oct. 1. Stephens College has a FAFSA priority filing date of Feb. 1.
General Education Transfer Guidelines
We are pleased to work with you to help you with your transfer process. Stephens College generally accepts credit for every class completed at the college level with a grade of C or better.
Here are some common general education requirements and their typical substitutions. These are guidelines only, pending final review of your transcripts. Talk to our transfer admissions counselor at [email protected] to discuss how your particular credits may transfer.
- English Composition can be satisfied by classes such as “composition,” “freshman English,” etc.
- Research Writing can be satisfied by an English composition II class.
- Arts Array can be satisfied by any class that is the study of an art (such as art history, music appreciation, film studies, survey of theater, etc.) but not the creation of art (such as a drawing class, a singing class, and acting class, etc.)
- History Array can be satisfied by any history class.
- Intercultural Array can be satisfied by several social science type classes; these might include cultural studies, sociology, anthropology, etc. but not by psychology.
- Literature Array can be satisfied by any literature studies classes.
- Quantitative Literacy can be satisfied by most college-level math classes.
- Natural Science Array can be satisfied by most science classes (biology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, etc.)
- Women Centered can be satisfied by a class that has a specifically stated focus on women’s issues or gender differences (including something like “women in history”, etc.)
- Sophomore Global Studies can be satisfied by a sophomore-level (usually 200 or above) social science class such as political science, human geography, government, etc.; this is only awarded if the student is transferring in at the junior level or above (at least 54 completed hours).
- Global Village is a senior-level class. This class cannot be met by transfer credits.