Thank you for your interest in the Stephens College Physician Assistant Studies program.
The Stephens College PA Admissions Committee has revised the application requirements for the 2022-2023 cycle:
- Due to this unprecedented time, Pass/Fail or Credit/No Credit grading options will be accepted for any courses taken in the Spring and Summer 2020 semesters. Course details may be required in your CASPA application.
- The previously required 16 hours of Shadowing is waived due to the ongoing pandemic.
Complete your application and pay your application fee through CASPA. Your CASPA application and Stephens application fee must be submitted prior to application review. We encourage prospective students to apply by August 1, 2022, well in advance of the October 1 deadline.
- Application fees are due at the time of application submission.
- Applications are not reviewed until this fee is submitted.
- The link for payment can be found within the CASPA application.
- Selection of students will involve a two-step process including review of applications and an on-site interview. Initial evaluation of applications will be conducted by members of the Admissions Committee composed of program faculty.
- Admission is based upon academic rigor and individual character attributes. The Admissions Committee reviews candidate applications above the minimum requirements to evaluate the candidate's character to determine how they can contribute to a team-based learning environment, the PA profession and the community. Competitive applicants meet all entrance requirements and display the Stephens College PA Program values: Integrity, Perseverance, Communication, Empathy, and High Standards. The program gives preference to applicants who have a higher cumulative GPA, science GPA, last 60 hours GPA, prerequisite GPA, have a graduate degree, HRSA status and more direct patient care.
- View class statistics for previous cohort entrance GPA, overall science GPA, last 60 hours GPA and average number of hours of clinical experience for comparison. This data is provided for a prospective student’s self-assessment. Each application is evaluated individually.
- Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by email or phone. If the applicant accepts the interview invitation, he or she will receive an itinerary by email as well as an information packet via mail.
- All Stephens College undergraduate students and alumnae who have met all application requirements are automatically offered an onsite interview for two application cycles. After two cycles the applicant may continue to apply to the Stephens College PA program; however, an automatic interview is not guaranteed and the application will be placed in the general application pool.
- Offers of interviews and acceptance into the program are made on a rolling basis.
- Applicants offered a seat in the program will receive notification via phone call.
Ready to Apply?
Start Your Application
The Stephens College PA Program accepts applications through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). The CASPA 2022-2023 application cycle is open April 1-Oct. 1.
The application cycle for 2022 opens on April 28.
Stephens College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, national/ethnic origin, marital or veteran status, or disability in administration of its educational policies, graduate admissions policies, scholarships and loans, and other College-administered programs. Applicants must complete their applications to the Stephens PA program through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). The Stephens College PA program does not give preferential consideration to any student candidate or group.