Graduate with the performance experience, resilience and work ethic to meet the rigors and challenges of the musical theatre profession.
The Stephens College B.F.A. in Musical Theatre emphasizes individualized student process and technique, and prepares graduates for success in the industry.
- Accelerated B.F.A. program — three years/two summers (eight-semester program).
- Summer intensives that challenge students to grow as professionals; these include immersive workshops, master classes, technical coursework and one-on-one instruction.
- One-of-a-kind professional summer stock theatre internship builds a student’s body of work in a rigorous, focused environment.
- Significant schedule of nationally and internationally recognized guest artists.
- The Stephens curriculum begins preparing students for the realities of the business from their first semester. Coursework focuses on auditioning and career preparation.
- Candid and consistent evaluations help students identify strengths, as well as areas for improvement, in preparation for their rigorous final year and graduation.
- Musical theatre students graduate with a personal audition strategy and personalized marketing package, developed in consultation with working industry professionals and advisers.