The Human Development program provides a deep understanding of how children and adults develop physical and mental traits and behaviors.
A major in Human Development lays the groundwork for careers in a range of fields including education, psychology or counseling. The program features both education and psychology tracks. Students benefit from an on-campus laboratory Children’s School, strong psychology program, master's program in counseling, and Stephens' commitment to personalized education.
What you’ll learn:
- Examine issues in gender, forensic and physiological psychology.
- Get a strong foundation in math and science to analyze and solve case studies.
- Study child development and work alongside master-level teachers in the Stephens College Children’s School, which serves preschool through fifth grade.
- Investigate human behavior in a community-wide study.
Facilities + Community
- Join Psi Chi, the psychology honor society.
- Be part of SLATE, our student education club.
- Get hands-on experience working in our on-site laboratory school, the Children’s School at Stephens College, which serves pre-K through fifth grade students.
Focus on child development and education to prepare for work in schools and pre-K settings, or to build a solid foundation for graduate study.
Graduates often work in health care with adults, including retirement homes.