Immersive, comprehensive, accelerated and personalized — a program that will take you places.
Rigorous and highly immersive, the Acting program prepares students for their next role, whether it’s a position with a major national theatre company, a competitive M.F.A. program, a fellowship or an apprenticeship.
- Accelerated B.F.A. program — three years/two summers (eight-semester program), including career-focused summer intensives.
- A comprehensive professional summer stock theatre company experience, the only program of its kind.
- A Summer Performing Arts Intensive that focuses on process and technique with classes taught by industry professionals.
- Extensive performance opportunities (by audition).
- Significant schedule of nationally and internationally recognized guest artists.
- Focus on “the business of the business” — career/professional planning and individualized preparation for audition process, master’s programs and fellowships.
- Students have significant opportunities to audition and perform. During the academic year, students audition for all Macklanburg Playhouse (mainstage) productions as well as for those produced by our student-run Warehouse Theatre Company.
- Our professional summer stock theatre company, Okoboji Summer Theatre, stages nine mainstage productions and four children’s theatre productions every summer.
- Students begin preparing for the realities of the business from their first semester. They are offered personalized feedback about their audition process and preparation for their next steps.