The Professional Conservatory Training Program
The Professional Conservatory Training Program is an innovative two-year, two-summer performing arts program that allows both men and women to take advantage of the Stephens College theatre program, ranked 11th in the country by the Princeton Review.
The conservatory program emphasizes performance-based studio work, and participants choose an emphasis area from the following: acting, dance, musical theatre or technical theatre.
Whether or not you have earned an undergraduate degree in another subject area and/or haven’t had the opportunity to hone your technical or performance skills, a conservatory certificate program — which is a non-degree, non-credit bearing program — is a highly appealing alternative to completing another degree or paying premium prices for ‘professional’ acting or dance training. Admission to the certificate program will be by audition only, and will draw highly motivated, talented individuals.
In the PCTP, you will:
- Get accelerated and intensive training
- Have numerous opportunities to perform through dance concerts, musical theatre, plays and other productions
- Be part of a supportive network of artists and faculty who take your dreams seriously
- Make amazing industry connections through guest actors, choreographers, directors and other artists
The Professional Conservatory Training Program is part of the School of Performing Arts. Other programs in this school include:
- Musical Theatre
- Theatre Arts
- Theatre Management
- Vocal Arts
Tuition and fees are:
- 2015-16 Tuition & Fees: $2,750 per semester
- Application Fee (non-refundable, submit with application): $50