Dates and preliminary faculty have been announced for the 2016 Stephens Summer Dance intensive. Read the latest here.
At Stephens, students studying Dance receive professional, individualized training in ballet, modern and choreography, as well as dances from around the world, as part of a Performing Arts school with a long history of creativity and student accomplishment.
- Start your dance career earlier with Stephens’ three-year, two-summer B.F.A. program.
- Perform work choreographed by resident faculty and guest artists during spring and summer Stephens College Dance Company productions, or explore your own choreography
- Learn practical strategies needed to succeed as a professional in the world of dance.
- Present your own choreographed works at the Senior Dance Concert and the New Works Dance Concert.
- Participate in Stephens Summer Dance, an intensive six-week workshop where you’ll work with professional faculty and conclude with a fully produced public performance.
- Work alongside internationally known guest artists.
Stephens College offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance.
The Professional Conservatory Training Program offers training in dance for both women and men.
Admission to the program is by audition only.
Dance is part of the School of Performing Arts. Programs in this school include:
- Musical Theatre
- Theatre Arts
- Theatrical Costume Design
- Theatre Management
- Vocal Arts
- Professional Conservatory Training Program
- Dates and preliminary line up set for Stephens Summer Dance
- Students demonstrate world dance
- Collins accepted into Alvin Ailey summer intensive program in New York
- Seniors to showcase signature dances at October concert
- Guest artists bring experience, passion to Summer Dance
- Recent graduate snags gig at Jacob's Pillow Dance