Dance at Stephens
Visit the Box Office for performance tickets.
At Stephens, students studying Dance receive professional, individualized training in ballet, modern and choreography, as well as dances from around the world, as part of a creative and performing arts program with a long history of creativity and student accomplishment. Our graduates have joined professional dance companies, danced on Broadway, choreographed performances and opened their own studios and dance companies.
Stephens College offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance. As a student in the program, you will enjoy opportunities to:
- Start your dance career earlier with Stephens’ three-year, two-summer B.F.A. program.
- Perform work choreographed by resident faculty and guest artists or explore your own choreography.
- Present your own choreographed works at the Annual Dance Concert and the New Works Dance Concert.
- Learn from internationally known guest artists across many disciplines. Students receive individualized training in ballet, modern and choreography, as well as dances from around the world.
- Hone your craft at a summer intensive at Stephens' own summer stock professional theatre (Okoboji Summer Theatre) during your first summer.
- Choose from a range of internships and opportunities during your second summer carefully aligned with your goals and tailored to your personal career path.
- Learn practical strategies needed to succeed as a professional in the world of dance.
- Strengthen your career-readiness with exposure to studio management and teaching techniques and through our partnerships with children's school and theatre programs.