The world needs more women like you making films. Right now, women make up only less than 10 percent of directors working on the top-grossing films in the U.S. As a women’s college, Stephens and our School of Interdisciplinary Studies are uniquely situated to prepare you to make your mark and shatter industry trends.
- Begin working with professional film equipment your first semester on campus.
- Continue writing, producing and directing original films throughout your career at Stephens.
- Graduate with a body of work that has been screened to a professional jury and at community events.
- See student work.
- Work alongside fellow filmmakers during the biannual Summer Film Institute, which allows classes to produce a short film during the latter half of the spring semester.
- Work with professional filmmakers at our annual Citizen Jane Film Festival, highlighting women in film.
- Learn from industry professionals through our Citizen Jane Film Series, which hosts screenings and workshops throughout the year.
We also offer an MFA in TV and Screenwriting.
Stephens College offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Filmmaking.
- Stephens College announces new Citizen Jane Film Festival Director
- Gimme Truth! film short contest will showcase the work of Stephens Filmmaking I students
- Contemporary documentary class hosts award-winning director
- Filmmakers talk funding at third annual Citizen Jane Summit
- 'Once Crazy' to debut at Citizen Jane Film Festival in Columbia next month
- Thompson's short to be screened at first-ever Diamond in the Rough Film Festival
- Senior film will explore passage of time
- Collins conducting internship for Television Academy Foundation
- Runyon prepares for internship in Guatemala