Fashion Marketing and Management
Success in the fashion industry demands both creativity and a solid business sense. Gain solid understanding of both at Stephens College as you also learn from industry professionals, working fashion and alumnae and dedicated faculty in the School of Design. The program was named #8 in the nation for fashion marketing by fashion schools.org, and Business of Fashion, London ranks our fashion program as the 13th best in the world, No. 1 for long-term value and No. 5 for best learning experience.
- Study fashion-related journalism, marketing and graphic design.
- Take study trips to international fashion capitals for college credit.
- Experience more than 30 industry professionals who visit the School of Design every year.
- Help market and report on The Collections, our annual spring fashion show.
- Take advantage of our marketing programs to learn presentation and other skills to get a competitive edge.
- Explore our Historic Costume Museum and Research Library.
Stephens College offers a Bachelor of Science in Fashion Marketing and Management.
- Fashion leaders from all corners of the country come to Columbia to present to students
- Historic Costume Gallery spring exhibit to explore the language of clothing
- New student group builds portfolios, creates opportunities for creative student professionals
- Stephens joins online Odyssey community
- Belle takes top design honors at Fashion Group International event in St. Louis
- Students make, donate heart-shaped pillows to breast cancer survivors
- Popular food/fashion designer critiques student work
- Exhibit shows Hollywood's influence on fashion throughout the decades
- Adjunct professor oversees design of new wardrobe for Southwest Airlines
- Class will consult alumna on garment line to support her charity in Thailand
What Others Are Saying
KBIA: Independent Designers Strive for Success in Changing Industry
Columbia Daily Tribune: Lights, Camera, Fashion
KOMU: Stephens College Alumna Returns to Raise Money for Thai Orphans
Columbia Daily Tribune: Cuisine et Couture: For Stephens alum Gretchen Roehrs, food and fashion are a beautiful combination
Columbia Business Times: Stephens College Ranked World Class in Fashion
Other programs in the School of Design include:
Event and Convention Management
Fashion Design and Product Development
Graphic Design Communications
Integrated Marketing Communications
Master in Strategic Leadership