Fashion Design & Product Development
It's your dream: pursue it at one of the highest-ranked fashion schools on the planet.
Stephens College has the 13th best fashion program in the world, according to Business of Fashion, London. The fashion organization also named Stephens No. 1 in long-term value and No. 5 for best learning experience.
At Stephens, you'll learn to create original works while tapping into our extensive alumnae network and learning about all aspects of the fashion business from faculty and visiting experts. Stephens College offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design and Product Development.
Here you'll have an opportunity to:
- Study pattern making and draping.
- Create original works.
- Experience more than 30 industry professionals who visit the School of Design every year.
- Showcase your best works at The Collections, our annual student designer fashion show, a real runway event.
- Enjoy prestigious internships at companies such as Victoria’s Secret corporate offices, Baby Phat, Escada and WWD.
- Take study trips to international fashion capitals for college credit.
- Take advantage of our Historic Costume Museum and Research Library.
- See what our Pattern to Print class is up to on patterntoprint.tumblr.com.
- View the program overview video:
- Fashion leaders from all corners of the country come to Columbia to present to students
- Historic Costume Gallery spring exhibit to explore the language of clothing
- New student group builds portfolios, creates opportunities for creative student professionals
- Stephens joins online Odyssey community
- Belle takes top design honors at Fashion Group International event in St. Louis
- Students make, donate heart-shaped pillows to breast cancer survivors
- Popular food/fashion designer critiques student work
- Exhibit shows Hollywood's influence on fashion throughout the decades
- Adjunct professor oversees design of new wardrobe for Southwest Airlines
- Class will consult alumna on garment line to support her charity in Thailand
What Others Are Saying
- VOX: Fierce: Stephens College puts on the 72nd annual fashion show
- KBIA: Independent Designers Strive for Success in Changing Industry
- Columbia Daily Tribune: Lights, Camera, Fashion
- KOMU: Stephens College Alumna Returns to Raise Money for Thai Orphans
- Columbia Daily Tribune: Cuisine et Couture: For Stephens alum Gretchen Roehrs, food and fashion are a beautiful combination
- Columbia Business Times: Stephens College Ranked World Class in Fashion
Other programs in the School of Design: