Be part of a top-ranked fashion program at Stephens College.
In fact, Stephens has the 13th best fashion program in the world, according to Business of Fashion, London. The fashion organization also named Stephens No. 1 in long-term value and No. 5 for best learning experience.
Students studying Apparel Studies at Stephens learn all aspects of the industry so they’re prepared for any fashion-related career.
- Experience more than 30 industry professionals who visit the School of Design every year.
- Take study trips to international fashion capitals for college credit.
- Help produce The Collections, our annual spring fashion show.
- Study pattern making and draping, create original designs or fashion content.
- Take advantage of our Historic Costume Museum and Research Library.
- Intern at companies such as Cosmopolitan, Victoria’s Secret corporate offices, Baby Phat, WWD and Escada.
Stephens College offers a Bachelor of Arts in Apparel Studies.
- Fashion leaders from all corners of the country come to Columbia to present to students
- Historic Costume Gallery spring exhibit to explore the language of clothing
- New student group builds portfolios, creates opportunities for creative student professionals
- Stephens joins online Odyssey community
- Belle takes top design honors at Fashion Group International event in St. Louis
- Students make, donate heart-shaped pillows to breast cancer survivors
- Popular food/fashion designer critiques student work
- Exhibit shows Hollywood's influence on fashion throughout the decades
- Adjunct professor oversees design of new wardrobe for Southwest Airlines
- Class will consult alumna on garment line to support her charity in Thailand
What Others Are Saying
KBIA: Independent Designers Strive for Success in Changing Industry
Columbia Daily Tribune: Lights, Camera, Fashion
KOMU: Stephens College Alumna Returns to Raise Money for Thai Orphans
Columbia Daily Tribune: Cuisine et Couture: For Stephens alum Gretchen Roehrs, food and fashion are a beautiful combination
Columbia Business Times: Stephens College Ranked World Class in Fashion
Other programs in the School of Design:
Event and Convention Management
Fashion Design and Product Development
Fashion Marketing and Management
Graphic Design Communications
Integrated Marketing Communications
Master in Strategic Leadership