MFA Admissions + Aid
Apply to the Stephens College M.F.A. in TV and Screenwriting through our online application portal.
International students pay no extra tuition fees. To date we have welcomed MFA candidates from India, Estonia and the Netherlands.
- Cumulative undergraduate G.P.A. of at least 3.0
- Current resume
- Recommendations (three suggested, two required) by professional or academic references (completed through application portal)
- Statement of Purpose: 1-2 pages, typed and double spaced, sharing your background and career aspirations
- Supplemental Writing Requirement: Submit a screenplay, web series, original television pilot or stage play. Nonfiction is not accepted. The sample should be a minimum of 20 pages in length. If you do not have a single submission of 20 pages, you may submit two documents that total 20 pages.
- $50 application fee (Pay >)
- Official transcripts for bachelor's degree and any previous graduate credits earned. To be deemed official, transcripts must be sent to Stephens College directly from your institution.
- If your past institution can submit electronic transcripts, they may be emailed to [email protected].
- Paper transcripts should be mailed to:
Stephens College Office of Admissions
1200 E. Broadway, Campus Box 2121
Columbia, MO 65215
Note: A transcript submitted from a student will NOT be deemed official unless it arrives to Stephens College in a sealed envelope with the institution’s stamp across the flap.