MFA Admissions + Aid
Apply to the Stephens College M.F.A. in TV and Screenwriting through our online application portal.
- Cumulative undergraduate G.P.A. of at least 3.0
- Current resume
- Recommendations (three suggested, two required) by professional or academic references (completed through application portal)
- Statement of Purpose: 1-2 pages, typed and double spaced, sharing your background and career aspirations
- Supplemental Writing Requirement: Submit a screenplay, web series, original television pilot or stage play. Nonfiction is not accepted. The sample should be a minimum of 20 pages in length. If you do not have a single submission of 20 pages, you may submit two documents that total 20 pages.
- $50 application fee (Pay >)
- Official transcripts for bachelor's degree and any previous graduate credits earned. To be deemed official, transcripts must be sent to Stephens College directly from your institution.
- If your past institution can submit electronic transcripts, they may be emailed to [email protected].
- Paper transcripts should be mailed to:
Stephens College Office of Admissions
1200 E. Broadway, Campus Box 2121
Columbia, MO 65215
Note: A transcript submitted from a student will NOT be deemed official unless it arrives to Stephens College in a sealed envelope with the institution’s stamp across the flap.