Burrell Behavioral Health + Stephens College Partnership
Out of a shared commitment to provide more counselors to the state of Missouri, Burrell Behavioral Health and Stephens College have partnered to create an exciting opportunity for Burrell employees.
You are eligible for special benefits at Stephens College, including reduced tuition and financial assistance toward your master’s degree in counseling. Our personalized approach to education and our dedicated faculty and advisers make Stephens the ideal choice for your counseling goals.
As an employee of Burrell:
- Receive a 20% discount per credit hour in the Master of Education in Counseling program
- You may qualify for up to $10,000 in tuition assistance through Burrell (contact your HR department for details)
- You are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship for you or your dependent to pursue an undergraduate residential degree
- Your application fee is waived
Stephens College offers:
- A well-established, co-educational Master of Education in Counseling program
- Personalized education with dedicated faculty and advisers
- Partnership with Burrell Behavioral Health Center, with Tuition Assistance Program.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) and School Counseling (SC) concentration areas leading to eligibility for MO licensure as a professional counselor and K-12 professional certificate from the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), respectively.
- Dedicated clinical training center on campus for clinical mental health counseling students (Stephens College Counseling Center)
- Evening classes on the Stephens College campus in Columbia and blend of selected online courses for increased flexibility.
- Smaller, more personalized learning environment with dedicated, experienced counselor educators and adjunct faculty with experience as practicing clinicians, school counselors, supervisors, administrators, and researchers.