Congratulations on your decision to pursue the next step in your professional development. We are happy to work with you to make the process as easy and streamlined as possible.
Apply to the Stephens College M.Ed. in Counseling program through our online application portal. You'll be expected to provide:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 (strongly preferred). For applicants whose GPA is lower than 3.0, consideration may be given if your last 60 credit hours are at a 3.0 or above.
- Current resume
- Three recommendations by professional or academic references (completed through application portal)
- Statement of purpose (Describe in no more than one typed, double-spaced page, why you want to pursue this program and your career goals)
- $50 application fee (waived for Burrell employees). Pay application fee.
- A background check through Family Care Safety Registry
- Official transcripts for bachelor's degree and any previous graduate credits earned. To be deemed official, transcripts must be sent to Stephens College directly from your institution.
- If your past institution can submit electronic transcripts, they may be emailed to [email protected].
- Paper transcripts should be mailed to:
Stephens College Office of Admissions
1200 E. Broadway, Campus Box 2121
Columbia, MO 65215
Note: A transcript submitted from a student will NOT be deemed official unless it arrives to Stephens College in a sealed envelope with the institution’s stamp across the flap.