Students studying theatre learn from experienced faculty and professional actors in a master-apprentice environment as part of our top-ranked School of Performing Arts.
- Complete your degree in three years, two summers.
- Choose an emphasis in acting, musical theatre, directing, stage management or scenic, costume and lighting design.
- Enjoy numerous opportunities to perform alongside professional guest artists in the Macklanburg Playhouse Company.
- Learn the ins-and-outs of producing an entire show as part of the student-run Warehouse Theatre Company.
- Spend your first summer learning skills from guest artists in our Summer Theatre Institute.
- Gain professional experience your second summer at Okoboji Summer Theatre, our stock theatre company in Spirit Lake, Iowa.
- Learn about the art and business of children’s theatre through the TRYPS Institute at Stephens College—a popular children’s theatre company located on campus that offers programming year-round.
- Learn more about our commitment to engaged learning.
Stephens College offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre Arts and a Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts.
Theatre Arts is part of the School of Performing Arts. Other programs in this school include:
- Musical Theatre
- Theatrical Costume Design
- Theatre Management
- Vocal Arts
- Professional Conservatory Training Program