We live by one rule: Go for it.
We call it SOLSC (that’s “sol-see”) and it’s the place for leaders looking to excel in a high growth industry—leaders who want to shape the world through effective communication; inspire through thoughtful marketing programs, meaningful events, and powerful, original designs; and lead through strategic initiatives and creative problem-solving.
As an undergraduate student, you'll be challenged to explore public relations, advertising, social and new media, corporate communications, marketing, event planning and graphic design. As you gain a solid foundation in these inter-related disciplines, you’ll have many opportunities to discover what you do best. As a graduate student, you'll pursue a Master in Strategic Leadership and hone leadership and critical thinking skills as you build your credentials.
Industry Trends and Recognition
- US News and World report ranks Marketing Manager as the #7 best Business Job and ranks Event Planner #9 (and one of the fastest growing). And many Strategic Communications careers—iike Public Relations Specialist and Advertising Manager—continue to experience above-average growth.
- The Stephens M.S.L. is rated a #2 Best Buy by GetEducated.com.
- Get hands-on experience with real clients early in your academic program
- Learn from faculty and connect with alumnae with extensive industry experience and connections
- Explore amazing internship opportunities with companies like AOL, Marie Claire, and top national ad agencies, and enjoy local opportunities with some of Fortune 500's fastest-growing companies including Veterans United and Influence & Co.
- Gain professional agency experience with the student-run marketing firm Creative Ink (undergraduate)
- Minor in small business ownership or event planning